nanog mailing list archives

Re: SORBS on autopilot?

From: paul <paul () hessels ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 11:40:07 -0500 (EST)

Michelle,

Thanks for your email. Please specifically look at ticket 260695. I created the ticket on January 5th at about 1:30EST. Immediately I got my response from the robot.

I replied a few minutes later with:

67.196.137.188/32

TTL is right.  PTR is right.

From your email, it is my understanding this should have went to a human.
I have no idea why my IP address wasn't accepted in the first place. And I have no idea why I didn't get a human response.

A couple suggestions:
-program the robot to give the exact reason why it is denying: TTL wrong or PTR indicates dynamic or whatever -kind of leaping to conclusions here, but possibly the robot is caching DNS? Which means even if what was broken had been fixed, the robot wouldn't see it?

Thanks,
--
Paul Hessels