nanog mailing list archives

Re: CYMRU Bogon Peering

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 19:00:48 -0800

On 2/12/2010 17:51, Rob Thomas wrote:
Hi, Seth.

While I have your attention, I've noticed there's been a bit of
instability lately with the BGP sessions (in fact one of mine right now
is down). With 30 routes it's not a big deal to have frequent churn, but
if you're going to expand that to a larger feed then it could become a
problem.

Alas, the joy of multihop BGP.  :)  This is why we recommend at least
two peering sessions to two disparate route-servers.  We'll take the
same approach with the expanded IPv4 and IPv6 offerings.

Yep, I have two. It's always one or the other, but never both
simultaneously.

If you could send me a list of outages with dates and times, I'll look
into those ASAP.  I can see if other sessions were dropping at the same
time, upstream outages, etc.

Feel free to hit up noc () cymru com with outage reports as they occur as well.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it.

~Seth