nanog mailing list archives

Re: wikileaks unreachable

From: Marshall Eubanks <tme () americafree tv>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:27:10 -0500

On Nov 30, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

On Nov 28, 2010, at 4:34 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

anyone know why https://www.wikileaks.org/ is not reachable?  nations
state level censors trying to close the barn door after the horse has
left?

randy

That was two days ago - as of this morning, there is apparently another

From @wikileaks on twitter

wikileaks WikiLeaks
DDOS attack now exceeding 10 Gigabits a second.
1 hour ago

wikileaks WikiLeaks
We are currently under another DDOS attack.

More routing news :

Wikileaks has been booted off Amazon EC2

http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2010/12/wikileaks-kicked-out-of-amazons-cloud.ars

"Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT), chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, was among the
congressmen who pressured Amazon to stop hosting Wikileaks...

The site was down briefly after being ejected from Amazon, but is back up and once again running on the servers of
Bahnhof, its previous Swedish hosting provider."

regards
Marshall

Marshall