nanog mailing list archives

Re: Want to move to all 208V for server racks

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 21:38:04 -0600

Once upon a time, Ricky Beam <jfbeam () gmail com> said:
Just because someone is selling them doesn't mean they meet building
codes. (esp. for residential use.)  None of the dozen or so licensed
electricians I've ever talked to will use them.

I saw GFCI breakers installed in a new house this year, and it passed
inspection.

I think you experienced a recall of a specific device and are confusing
that with a general removal.  When Toyota recalled a model of car, that
didn't mean all cars were banned.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>