nanog mailing list archives

Re: Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:28:06 -0800

In a message written on Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:18:25AM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
On Mon, Dec 20, 2010, Aaron C. de Bruyn wrote:
When was the last time USPS delivered you a 100 pound UPS unit over night from across the country while letting you
track it's progress?

Trouble is, now they can't. Why? Because they'd be threatening the jobs of
hard working Fedex/UPS/etc. employees.

It's crazier than you think.

http://www.usps.com/news/2001/press/pr01_015.htm

Express, Priority, and First Class mail flies FedEx, and has since
2001.  I's part of a larger deal which is also why you now see a
FedEx drop box at every post office.

I guess it's coopertition.  I think I just made up a word. :)

So if it's illegal for you to put a letter inside a FedEx box,
what's the penalty for moving all the first class mail in a FedEx
airplane. :D

Oh yeah, FedEx can now deliver to APO and P.O. Boxes as well.

http://fedex.com/us/smartpost/

--
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org - CCIE 3440