nanog mailing list archives

Re: Some truth about Comcast - WikiLeaks style

From: JC Dill <jcdill.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:46:39 -0800

 On 20/12/10 12:23 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
On 12/20/2010 12:20, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
Amazing how that worked,

or didn't

  even spelling "fransisco" (sic) wrong.

One letter off:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cable+overbuilder+san+francisco

Did either of you actually *look* at the search results?

Lets take a quote from the first result:

www.broadbandmarkets.com/articles/fiberDeep2.htm

With franchises in two communities and others pending, it has begun building an HFC network that will eventually deliver bundled services to roughly 280,000 residents and businesses in Contra Costa County in the East Bay area of San Francisco.

OK, let's google for THAT.

http://www.google.com/search?q=overbuild+network+contra+costa+county

No data, just references back to the initial press releases. I can't find any data that the overbuild *actually took place*.

Your lmgtfy link's search finds 5 year old press releases about discussions to PLAN overbuilding in various locations. What I want are the Names of Specific Locations (in the SF Bay Area) where such overbuilds are currently in place and serving customers.

jc