nanog mailing list archives

Re: Should routers send redirects by default?

From: "Eric J. Katanich" <ekat () onyxlight net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 21:08:17 -0400

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010, Ricky Beam wrote:

I think it's almost universally disabled (by default) everywhere in IPv4
purely for security (traffic interception.)

Okay, I'll ask again.  Exactly how does disabling ICMP redirects on my
router prevent traffic from being intercepted?

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
                                                                ICQ:  2269442