nanog mailing list archives

Re: Lightly used IP addresses

From: John Curran <jcurran () arin net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:13:15 -0400

On Aug 16, 2010, at 8:04 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

John/Steve,

Just me (we don't pay Steve to read Nanog, although I do
forward him legalistic emails depending on content :-)

Bill makes a reasonable point here. Is there a way to, in the next round of
LRSA mods, include something to the effect of:

Under the ARIN Policy Development Process, the board will not ratify any
policy which exclusively affects LRSA signatories in a manner inconsistent
with its effect on other resource holders.

===

That's probably not ideal wording, but, I hope it conveys the general idea
and I hope smarter people can find better language. It does seem to me
to be a reasonable request and consistent with the intent of the LRSA.

If you prefer that I submit this via ACSP I will do so. However, it seems to
me it could fall within the same scope as the other clarification John offered
earlier.

I'll run with it, but would ask you send in to the suggestion process
so that it doesn't get lost given our level of activity nowadays.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO