nanog mailing list archives

Re: Congress may require ISPs to block fraud sites H.R.3817

From: Richard Bennett <richard () bennett com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:14:03 -0800

IANAL, but I wouldn't set too much stock by that order - there are numerous errors of fact in the opinion, and much of it relates to the lack of due process in the maintenance of a secret blacklist. It was also a state law, not a federal one, so there was a large jurisdictional question (the Commerce Clause concern.)

As people in Washington are saying around the net neutrality debate these days: "anything goes is not a serious argument."

RB