nanog mailing list archives

RE: Managing your network devices via console

From: Jake Vargas <jvargas () crypticstudios com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 01:25:17 -0700

I stumbled across these, which look like decent alternatives to getting
a 2511 from eBay: http://www.perle.com/products/Terminal-Server.shtml

The 48-port 1U terminal server with redundant power looks particularily
nice.

I've no experience with Perle, though.  Anyone else?

I use them in my datacenter. SCS 32 with the IOLAN Modem card. I have some basic advice for using it as a dialup
source. It also does IPSec via our DSL line which also happens to be our POTs line. All kinds of nice stuff but a bit
of a pain to initially configure if you do not know what you are doing (slight learning curve). I'm happy with it.