nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google Over IPV6

From: Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews () isc org>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 04:58:41 +1100

In message <49CD0C9F.2040702 () peter-dambier de>, Peter Dambier writes:

Karl Auer wrote:
On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 13:35 +0100, Peter Dambier wrote:
I can use it but sometimes got trouble with teredo.
Retry half an hour later works :)

ipv6.google.com looks better to me than the IPv4 version does.
More comfort. It is worth the trouble with teredo.

Um, are you sure you are using Google over IPv6?

This is *not the same thing* as ipv6.google.com.

Google over IPv6 is about accessing www.google.com via IPv6. For you to
be doing this, you must have IPv6 connectivity and your IPv6 network
must meet Google's fairly stringent requirements.

Regards, K.

I see cname www.l.google.com and only IPv4 addresses :(

        Well talk to your ISP and have them turn up IPv6. :-)

        If they can't do native all the way to you, have them bring
        up a local tunnel server so they are in a position to
        diagnose problems with the entire tunnel path.

        Mark

sorry

Peter

--
Peter and Karin Dambier
Cesidian Root - Radice Cesidiana

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews () isc org