nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google Over IPV6

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:55:20 -0400

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 18:27:59 +0100
Peter Dambier <peter () peter-dambier de> wrote:

Karl Auer wrote:
On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 13:35 +0100, Peter Dambier wrote:
I can use it but sometimes got trouble with teredo.
Retry half an hour later works :)

ipv6.google.com looks better to me than the IPv4 version does.
More comfort. It is worth the trouble with teredo.

Um, are you sure you are using Google over IPv6?

This is *not the same thing* as ipv6.google.com.

Google over IPv6 is about accessing www.google.com via IPv6. For
you to be doing this, you must have IPv6 connectivity and your IPv6
network must meet Google's fairly stringent requirements.

Regards, K.

I see cname www.l.google.com and only IPv4 addresses :(

If you're part of the Google v6 program -- that is, if your network is
listed by them as v6-suitable -- you'll get different DNS answers...