nanog mailing list archives

Re: Usage-Based Billing for DIA

From: Jon Lewis <jlewis () lewis org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 13:00:23 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Sam Stickland wrote:

I need to look into this in the near future as well. The problems I'm aware of are:

1) we have customers on policed ports, and the interface snmp counters count packets before service-policy. It doesn't seem right to bill for packets we dropped :)...so this isn't useful data for billing purposes.

Torrus (www.torrus.org) can use the Cisco MIBs to graph pre and post-policy packets.

http://www.torrus.org/plugins/tp-cisco-cbqos.pod.html

I just checked a few 3550s and 3560s, and I don't see any evidence that they support CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB. Walking .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166, I get nothing. On our 6500s, walking .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.166, I do get lots of data, but I don't see anything obvious in it that tells me which numbers go with which interfaces.

Is anyone actually making use of CISCO-CLASS-BASED-QOS-MIB on 3550s to graph/bill traffic passed after per-interface policing service policies are applied?

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |