nanog mailing list archives

Re: Dynamic IP log retention = 0?

From: Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews () isc org>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:33:22 +1100

In message <c229aa5b01749718e25f61ae579659a3.squirrel () www dillio net>, "Ross" writ
es:
Whether Covad chooses to enforce their AUP against port scanning is a
business decision up to them. Again, why worry about things out of your
control, especially when we are talking about port scanning. I would think
people have more pressing issues, guess not.

--
Ross
ross [at] dillio.net

        Well most port scanning is from compromised boxes.  Once a
        box is compromised it can be used for *any* sort of attack.
        If you really care about security you take reports of ports
        scans seriously.

        Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews () isc org