nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco 7600 (7609) as a core BGP router.

From: Manu Chao <linux.yahoo () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:08:10 +0200

what about ASR 9000?

2009/7/20 Alex H. Ryu <r.hyunseog () ieee org>

About 3 months ago, Cisco Account Team was recommending AS14000 for our
company, and we rejected it.
Poor product development management!

Alex

Mohacsi Janos wrote:

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Alex H. Ryu wrote:

Because of nowadays network scalability demands, Cisco is preparing ASR
14000 series to replace this one, I think. ^^
Basically ASR 14000 is downgrade version of CRS-1, but I consider it is
still developing or beta product.

As far as I know Cisco cancelled ASR14000 platform, but the developed
supervisor will be available to CRS-1 platform....

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate, Head of Network Planning and
Projects
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F 4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882

Alex

Paul Stewart wrote:
Agreed... we migrated away from GSR to 7600 and now looking at
migrating
back...;) GSR was 100% rock solid for us with PRP-2 processors....
sup720-3bxl has been good but no comparison...