nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco 7600 (7609) as a core BGP router.

From: "Alex H. Ryu" <r.hyunseog () ieee org>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:50:45 -0500

Because of nowadays network scalability demands, Cisco is preparing ASR
14000 series to replace this one, I think. ^^
Basically ASR 14000 is downgrade version of CRS-1, but I consider it is
still developing or beta product.

Alex

Paul Stewart wrote:
Agreed... we migrated away from GSR to 7600 and now looking at migrating
back...;)  GSR was 100% rock solid for us with PRP-2 processors....
sup720-3bxl has been good but no comparison...