nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone notice strange announcements for 174.128.31.0/24

From: "Martin Hannigan" <martin () theicelandguy com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:16:08 -0500

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM, Matthew Kaufman <matthew () eeph com> wrote:

On 2009-01-13, at 00:05, Paul Wall wrote:

 Also, I'd agree
announcing other peoples' ASNs,

How do you announce an ASN?

Clearly it means to use someone else's ASN without authorization in a way
that is not intended by the org/person it I'd assigned to.

I think that this is really a matter of being able to opt out, preferably
in, to these public network experiments. This type of thing has a
correlation to events past. No reason to raise dead bodies, but we've seen
this before and have dealt swiftly, and decisively all based on choice.

Best,

Martin

--
Martin Hannigan                               martin () theicelandguy com
p: +16178216079