nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 Confusion

From: David Freedman <david.freedman () uk clara net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 12:41:33 +0000

I think, for example, that Juniper is making a mistake by rolling v6
capability into a license that also includes BGP and ISIS on some
platforms.  Cisco is guilty of this as well.

I am not necessarily advocating that v6 must be a basic feature on every
new box; but I don't think it is correct to force customers to buy a
license that includes a lot of other bells and whistles just to get v6.
It could be a separate cost.

I mean, surely the intellectual property has been developed now, are the
vendors /still/ paying developers off for this? hasn't most of the money
already been spent?