nanog mailing list archives

Re: Arrogant RBL list maintainers

From: John Levine <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 11 Dec 2009 01:21:02 -0000

thing is that it's illegal to maintain a database with "personal details"
which ip addresses according to various german courts are (don't ask..

I've actually looked at some of the German decisions, and I didn't see
anything that would be a problem for DNSBLs

But if you're getting legal advice from the same wizard who told you
to do this:

Confidential: Please be advised that the information contained in this
email message, including all attached documents or files, is privileged
and confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or
individuals addressed. Any other use, dissemination, distribution or

I can understand why your impressions of the law would be so mistaken.

R's,
John