nanog mailing list archives

Re: Linux shaping packet loss

From: Bret Clark <bclark () spectraaccess com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 09:43:19 -0500

Won't say I'm an expert with TC, but anytime I see packet loss on an interface I always check the interface itself...10% packet loss is pretty much what you would get if there was a duplex problem. I always try to hard set my interfaces on both the Linux machines and Switches.

Bret

Chris wrote:
Hi All,

It would be appreciated if anyone using TC on Linux for shaping could please
help with an intermittent problem on an egress interface.

I'm seeing about ten per cent of packet loss for all classes at seemingly
quiet times and random parts of the day using about forty classes and
250Mbps. I've isolated it to the egress HTB qdisc.

Any TC experts out there have a spare minute please ? Any thoughts on the
RED qdisc ?

Thanks very much,

Chris