nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fiber cut in SF area

From: "John A. Kilpatrick" <john () hypergeek net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:43:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, George William Herbert wrote:

"The fiber-optic cables were severed shortly before 1:30 a.m. along Monterey
Highway north of Blossom Hill Road in south San Jose, police Sgt. Ronnie Lopez
said."

The fact that it's vandalism is VERY annoying. Sadly it also shows how vulnerable we are. I'm guessing the next Die Hard movie will have the baddies cutting fiber trunks before trying to steal the money?

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john () hypergeek net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/