nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] Microsoft.com PMTUD black hole?

From: Michael Sinatra <michael () rancid berkeley edu>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 14:16:50 -0700

Kevin Oberman wrote:

I agree with Iljitsch that it happens frequently, but I think I am
justified in expecting more than that from Microsoft.  Anything less
would be unprofessional.

And you would consider an organization that threatens someone who
complains publicly about its obvious incompetence "professional"?

Absolutely not.  That was actually the point of my statement, although I
admit that it wasn't clear.

Many of Microsoft's people are highly professional, but the corporation,
as a whole, has been found to be large scale law breakers on two
continents and frequently incapable of even the most basic of technical
operations. I'm afraid that I don't see them as at all "professional". I
quit expecting any such behavior from them over a decade ago, probably
closer to two. And mentioning security and Microsoft is inviting bad
jokes and shudders.

* Speaking only for myself *

Agreed.

michael