nanog mailing list archives

Re: AUP enforcement diligence

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian () creative net au>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 21:58:47 +0800

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007, David Barak wrote:

It does surprise me that no enterprising person/group
has turned this into a salable feature: "we're the
network which shuts down spammers/infected/baddies."
I could imagine that there would be customers who
would rather give their business to providers who are
more active in this regard than less, and that would
be a way for a service provider to differentiate
themself from the rest of the pack.

People try that. They then get DDoS'ed. Then they stop.
(Thats the people that try to do it by providing internet-based services.
People who sell products probably fare slightly better.)

Adrian