nanog mailing list archives

Re: Why do we use facilities with EPO's?

From: Mark Radabaugh <mark () amplex net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:02:58 -0400

Leo Bicknell wrote:
I was complaining to some of the power designers during the building
of a major facility that the EPO button represented a single point
of failure, and effectively made all of the redundancy built into
the power system useless.  After all, what's the point of having
two (or more) of anything, if there's one button somewhere that
turns it all off?
Seems like the EPO should be a logical AND with the fire alarm system - it only works AFTER you have an existing fire alarm in the building.

--

Mark Radabaugh
Amplex