nanog mailing list archives

Re: How should ISPs notify customers about Bots (Was Re: DNS Hijacking by Cox)

From: Leigh Porter <leigh.porter () ukbroadband com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:04:58 +0100

Hiya,

Plenty of boxes can do redirection in the middle such as Redback,
Ellacoya etc.
We redirect customers who are infected to a web page when the first
connect. Then every few hours they get re-directed again, just enough so
it's a bit annoying.

If they ignore this for a few weeks, they get redirected more frequently :)

--
Leigh