nanog mailing list archives

Re: [Fwd: Kremen VS Arin Antitrust Lawsuit - Anyone have feedback?]

From: Cat Okita <cat () reptiles org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 17:48:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Johnny Eriksson wrote:
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy () druid net> wrote:
If we were still calling central and asking "Hi Mabel, can you put me
through to Doc," no one would give a rat's ass about phone number
portability.  Notice that no one is getting worked up about circuit
number portability.

... or street number portability.  Thanks $deity.

Indeed - it's entirely sensible to me that buildings are numbered in
order of construction in that particular region ...

cheers!
avoid getting wet.  This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."