nanog mailing list archives

RE: [Fwd: Kremen VS Arin Antitrust Lawsuit - Anyone have feedback?]

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:39:55 GMT

Don't be so sure.

What probably _would_ police these willy-nilly announcements,
however, are prefix-length filters on the various ISP routers. :-)

And again, this could certainly lend itself to folks sic'ing their
lawyers on eacvh other in the name of anti-competitive lawsuits.

A mess ensues that I don't think any of us wishes to see happen.

- ferg

-- <andrew2 () one net> wrote:

Another somewhat important point is that we also need to conserve
routing entries.  If you make a market for addresses without regard to
routability, you risk
creating a situation where you flood the world with /32's.  No thanks.

Tony

I would think that would tend to police itself.  Even now with things
as they are you're going to have serious reachability problems if you
try to announce anything smaller than a /24.  And if routing tables
suddenly explode, I'd expect that threshold to quickly move in reaction.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg(at)netzero.net