nanog mailing list archives

Re: Collocation Access

From: Jim Popovitch <jimpop () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:33:11 -0400

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 18:57 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
But presumably it would need to be stolen. Wouldn't the tech notice that
happening... Or is there some way the colo security guy can clone it
undetected?

I've been in and out of several colos that require you to leave your ID
(passport/DL, and business card) up at the front desk throughout your
visit.  This could be for hours, or even for the whole day.  During that
time I imagine my ID could have been photocopied, transcribed,
photographed, etc, without me ever knowing.

-Jim P.