nanog mailing list archives

RE: Wiltel has gone pink.

From: <andrew2 () one net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:05:25 -0500

owner-nanog () merit edu wrote:
This morning we have started receive an abundance of spam
from Wiltel customers, pointing boldly back to websites
hosted in Wiltel space.

OrgAbuseHandle: WAC18-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   Wiltel Abuse Contact
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-918-547-2000
OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse () wiltel com

Messages to abuse () wiltel com are being rejected.

This phone number goes to their "conferencing group", which
doesn't know what 'abuse' is, or even what an IP network is.

I went through 4 levels of management, and was informed that
they no longer had an abuse team -- that this was disbanded
in a recent reorganization.

In short, it would appear that Wiltel is now selling pink contracts.

Or perhaps there's a more reasonable explanation like being assimilated
with Level3 and perhaps some contact info. is a little stale at this
point in the merger process...  Never attribute to malfeasance what can
be explained by everyday corporate beauracracy.

Andrew Cruse