nanog mailing list archives

Re: key change for TCP-MD5

From: Warren Kumari <warren () kumari net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 17:26:37 -0700

On Jun 20, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

We already collectively wasted our time deploying MD5 passwords over a big scare that turned out to be nothing more than someone cracking open the
manual and rediscovering how stuff worked all along

Bwahahahhahaha.

I work with that "someone" --- he (and the rest of his group) are wildly proud of this "l33t discovery"

. Why don't we spend
our time going forward solving actual issues like filtering/ announcement
authentication, and stop trying to solve the non-existant problems.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras () e-gerbil net> http://www.e- gerbil.net/ras GPG Key ID: 0xF8B12CBC (7535 7F59 8204 ED1F CC1C 53AF 4C41 5ECA F8B1 2CBC)

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    -- J.R.R. Tolkien