nanog mailing list archives

Re: Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

From: "Suresh Ramasubramanian" <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:46:25 +0530

That was not my advice btw - just forwarding on what I saw.

What you say does seem like a "must do" all right - but putting ARP
filters in is actually a reasonable idea.

On 6/14/06, Christopher L. Morrow
<christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com> wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/2006/02/new-host-cloaking-technique-used-by.html
>
>     * Monitor your local network for interfaces transmitting ARP

how about just mac security on switch ports? limit the number of mac's at
each port to 1 or some number 'valid' ?

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)