nanog mailing list archives

Re: Disaster recovery using as-prepend?

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 03:50:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Warren Kumari wrote:

On Feb 17, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

I might be crazy, but couldn't you just prepend the route enough to
effectively poison it at ingress to 'backup-isp' ? so they kept
chosing
the remote path and never really accept the route from local until the
remote path is gone?

Not really - horrendous ASCII art below:

                           Customer
                  ISP_A ---------ISP_B
                   DC1         DC2

see, I knew I was crazy :( where is that halabi book when I needed it. Did
the original poster ever say if he/she was able to accept
incidental traffic to the backup DC ?