nanog mailing list archives

Re: 209.68.1.140 (209.68.1.0 /24) blocked by bellsouth.net for SMTP

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:59:31 +0530

On 25/09/05, Michael Loftis <mloftis () wgops com> wrote:
result in me having to call postmaster to get them to remove it.  Also just
one hacked webform usually results in the same problem (we have thousands
of web hosting customers).  It's in our projects list to find 'some way' to
rate limit individual senders but it's not a high priority right now.

One hacked webform can pump out as much spam in a few hours as the
rest of your users would send email to AOL in a week.

-srs
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)