nanog mailing list archives

Re: shim6 (was Re: IPv6 news)

From: Daniel Roesen <dr () cluenet de>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:31:36 +0200

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 01:11:18PM -0700, Crist Clark wrote:
Actually, doing multihoming and getting PI space are orthogonal in
shim6 last I knew. That is, you could get address space from your N
providers and have one of the providers, say Provider X, to be the
ULID for the end points. Should Provider X's link(s) go down, shim6
will ensure it all still works (which is, after all, the whole point).

But when the contract with this supplier is terminated, I have to
renumber the whole network. Excellent.

Getting PI space is really an administrative and economic issue. It is
not a technical requirement of shim6.

That's the problem. Ignorance regarding economical problems. We don't
have technical problems, we have economical ones (if at all).

Best regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: dr () cluenet de -- dr@IRCnet -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0