nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 news

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:39:31 -1000

but, if you read my message, the point is that all the major
hosted services will not be dual stack.  half of them can't even
provide well-deployed ipv4 service; try united.com.

That is not entirely the fault of the hosting companies..  Note that
verio, he.net, towardex, and many other progressive hosting companies
have been dual stack for a long time.  Perhaps the services that are
not able to do dual stack will vote with their wallets and either
move to a company who can help them with this or at least buy better
engineers.  Something has to sort of make them do it though, I can't
see united.com just coming up with this idea on their own.

my point is that they have no incentive to do so.  there are no
significant v6 customers, and will likely not be until after we
have blown through v4 space.  this is what i mean by the bad gap.

and don't you just love the suggestions of natting v6?

randy