nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Security and PKI Hierarchies

From: David Barak <thegameiam () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:16:47 -0800 (PST)

--- Joe Abley <jabley () isc org> wrote:
On 29-Nov-2005, at 09:30, David Barak wrote:
I have
yet to find an organization which is concerned
about
getting new PI space which would have a problem
paying
that amount per year.  They may exist,

They definitely exist.

Okay, I'll take your word for it - although given the
other costs implied in an organization which has
sufficiently robust connectivity to make PA space
problematic, I'm a bit surprised.

Perhaps these are non-profits?  Even then, I would
expect that $1200 per year is still much lower than
the circuit costs...

Maybe my imagination just isn't good enough: could you
toss me an example-type of organization where that
would be problematic?

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com