nanog mailing list archives

Re: trollage (Re: Akamai server reliability)

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb () cs columbia edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:09:33 -0500

In message <17291.29156.391354.250259 () roam psg com>, Randy Bush writes:

It isn't just that they are wasting my time.  They are also wasting their
own time.  It's the overall lack efficiency that bothers me ;-]

i suspect you have a datapoint on how they're doing financially.
they ain't stoopid.  they'll deal with it when the cost/benefit
gets high enough on their priority list.  isn't the first time
that good s&m covers some technical gaps, and won't be the last.

To quote a science fiction story I'm fond of, "efficiency depends on
what you want to effish".