nanog mailing list archives

Re: a call for peace (Re: SMTP AUTH)

From: Steven Champeon <schampeo () hesketh com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 10:40:43 -0400

on Mon, May 02, 2005 at 01:55:19PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:

in this interminable thread from hell, someone finally said the magic words:

Thankfully, there's always procmail.

and helpfully gave a specific recipe:

Yeah, but not the one you really need. Thankfully, there's always more
procmail.

it does no good for me to filter out the crackpots if the rest of you
are just going to keep on replying to same.

:0
* ^(From|To|Cc):.*av8\.com
/dev/null

It looks like Dean's Message-IDs are using 'localhost.localdomain' as a
host, so if you get mail from legitimate senders whose setups are also
broken you may not want to filter on that, too, but then again you
might. It's my understanding that Message-Id headers are supposed to
be unique in the world.

:0
* ^(References|In-Reply-To|Message-Id):.*<Pine.LNX.4.44..*@localhost.localdomain>
* ^Sender:.*owner-nanog () merit edu