nanog mailing list archives

RE: The Cidr Report

From: "Hannigan, Martin" <hannigan () verisign com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:32:56 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanog () merit edu [mailto:owner-nanog () merit edu]On Behalf Of
Christopher L. Morrow
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 6:19 PM
To: Michael Smith
Cc: Warren Kumari, Ph.D, CCIE# 9190; Nanog
Subject: Re: The Cidr Report

From: "Warren Kumari, Ph.D, CCIE# 9190" <warren () kumari net>
On Feb 13, 2005, at 2:31 AM, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

That and the "I have 1 circuit to $good_provider and 1 circuit to
$bad_provider and the only way I can make them balance is
to split my
space in half and announce more specifics out through
each provider"
argument. I have also often seen people do this without
announcing the
aggregate because   <some undefined bad thing> will
happen, usually
justified with much hand-waving.  The people who do this
can usually
not be reasoned with....

So, say  I'm a provider that has received a /22 from UUNet
(just for example
Chris :-) ) and I now get another transit provider and
announce the /22
there.  So, I call UUNet and ask them to announce the /22
as a more specific

Meaning you have PA space from UUNET, and you have BGP so you can
multi-home... I'd expect you to know how to deaggregate yourself. You
MIGHT even know how to send no-export on deaggregated
prefixes, or use the
1996 policies to influence preferences/prepends internal to 701, yes?

Is aggregation being covered in the Sunday BoF's?

[ hint, hint ]

-M<