nanog mailing list archives

Re: 10GE access switch router

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:19:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Robert Blayzor wrote:

I don't promote or use Extreme in my networks, but I knew about the
product.  He asked, so I just sent the link along.  All that was
requested was 10G and 1U/2U... so there you have it.  I didn't reply to
debate why Extreme sucks.

Every manufacturer sucks in some respect. The S400 doesn't suck in an L2
aspect, it just sucks in an internet L3 routing aspect.

I can tell plenty of suckage on the Cisco 3550/3750 for instance, but
certain people seem to like it alright anyway.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se