nanog mailing list archives

Re: RIPE "Golden Networks" Document ID - 229/210/178

From: Roland Perry <lists () internetpolicyagency com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 14:25:47 +0100

In article <20040906090324.GC3641@reifa.local>, Daniel Karrenberg <daniel.karrenberg () ripe net> writes
RIPE NCC policies and procedures are *extremely* careful not to prescribe
any inter-domain routing practises and go out of their way to stress that
operators have the authority about that.

RIPE also makes general recommendations, which have nothing to do with the
RIPE NCC. The "golden networks" recommendations are in this category.
They are also just that: recommendations.

I think Rodney was worried that RIPE-NCC wasn't following the rule, which he thought odd if RIPE-NCC was part of RIPE. We've had several attempts, including yours just now, to debunk the latter.
--
Roland Perry