nanog mailing list archives

Re: [OT] Good Anti-Spam Boilerplate

From: Charles Sprickman <spork () inch com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 17:28:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Charles Sprickman wrote:

After some senseless Googling, I'm at a loss.  I'm looking for a very
comprehensive, up-to-date example of an AUP that covers spam.  When I say
"modern", I mean that I want it to include not just direct spamming, but
abuse of remote open-relays, abuse of remote trojaned boxes, sending
through a third party that circumvents the local AUP, etc.  Some good
definition of "requested email" would be great - ie: double opt-in, or
single opt-in with some documentation that the user requested the mail on
a web form or similar.

Some language that covers penalties would also be helpful, such as
equipment seizure for non-payment of penalties.

Please reply privately and I'll summarize.  I do not wish to get into any
debates about what qualifies as spam on this list.

Replying to myself here...

Thanks to everyone.  I'd missed the spamhaus "spam definition" which will
be very helpful in wording a few things.  And the prize for "best TOS"
goes to Steve Sobol from "justthe.net".  This one is great:

http://justthe.net/legal/tos/

I especially like the pdf generator. :)

Now I'll have to see what the lawyer thinks.

Thanks again everyone,

Charles

Thanks,

Charles