nanog mailing list archives

Re: Can a Customer take their IP's with them? (Court says yes!)

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () nac net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 01:45:23 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)

I wonder why ARIN, or even more importantly, ICANN has not jumped all
over this.  Seems to me if IP space is not "owned" or something close
to it by ICANN, they have lost a cornerstone of their power.

We have been in contact with both ARIN and ICANN about this issue. We
encourage all network operators and anyone else who has an interest in
this issue to contact ARIN and ICANN, and urge them to do something about
this. This is clearly an instance where their input is needed and
required, and critical for maintaining the stability of the global
internet.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex () nac net, latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --