nanog mailing list archives

RE: Anycast and windows servers

From: "Buhrmaster, Gary" <gtb () SLAC Stanford EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:18:37 -0800

Depending on the service being provided, Microsoft
has their own clustering solution which will
perform failover.  Sometimes choosing full vendor
supported technologies is the easiest path.
With Windows 2003 Server they even support
geographically disperses failover.  Info at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/technologies/clustering/default.asp

Gary