nanog mailing list archives

Fw: Re: ICANN - Formal Complaint re Verisign

From: "Jerry Eyers" <jeyers () rebma com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:10:41 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

 An interesting thought...

Jerry

Jerry,

One question - if I previously typed in an URL that was incorrect and would
get the usual response from my OWN system, there would be not a real lot of
data sent/received to pay for that mistake. Now that Verisign is doing their
current thing, there is a lot more data being paid by ISPs across the world
that shouldnt HAVE to be paid for.

So is anyone thinking of banding together the ISPs in on this formal
complaint citing loss of income >from this? The bigger the ISP - eg AOL -
the bigger the new cost for Verisign advertising, paid at the >ISP's expense
because of all this. A group of ISPs all complaining should get some action
you would >think.

I am posting this to you as if you can use it, feel free to post it to
Nanog where I have no posting rights.

Regards, Greg.

.