nanog mailing list archives

RE: What *are* they smoking?

From: "Matthew Kaufman" <matthew () eeph com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:32:29 -0700

And then Verisign starts using multiple IP addresses and rotating through
them. And then they stop giving any other clues that it is a wildcard
record. Great. Just what we need... To be in an escalating war with the
people running the root nameservers.

Since it is clearly in Verisign's business interest to make it impossible
for you to tell when you've been handed one of the wildcard replies, I don't
see this stopping any time soon.

Matthew Kaufman
matthew () eeph com