nanog mailing list archives

RE: What *are* they smoking?

From: Jeff S Wheeler <jsw () five-elements com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 19:58:02 -0400

On Mon, 2003-09-15 at 19:35, ken emery wrote:
According to the article in the link posted from cbronline.com this has
been done by NeuStar who runs the .biz and .us domain registries.  The
company which runs this service for NeuStar claims to be able to
differentiate between http and other requests.  I'm still waiting to
see how they do this as you can't tell from a DNS request alone.

I'm waiting for Illuminet^HVeriSign to add this "feature" to their
global title translation database and redirect all non-existant 800
numbers to recorded advertisements.

--
Jeff S Wheeler