nanog mailing list archives

Re: NOAA warning for rf communications

From: Bob Snyder <rsnyder () toontown erial nj us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:27:23 -0400

On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 01:22, Rodney Joffe wrote:
I'm surprised that there has been no warning or discussion on NANOG...

There is a high likelihood that things like 802.11, licensed and
unlicensed microwave links, and certainly satellite links will sustain
interference over the next few days. I assume that everyone on the list
is both aware, and prepared ;-)

Oh, perhaps an alternative to paging or cellphone notifications to
support folks is a good idea ;-)

http://www.astrobiology.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=12850

The NOAA links seem saturated... http://www.sec.noaa.gov/

Don't expect warnings like this in the future; Congress is likely to
drop the Space Environment Center's funding to 0.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2003/10/03/3/

Bob