nanog mailing list archives

RE: 69/8...this sucks -- Centralizing filtering..

From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:05:28 +0000 (GMT)

I still have a couple hundred thousand IPs to check (I'm going to step up
the pace and see if I can get through the list today), but I already have
a list of several hundred IPs in networks that ignore 69/8.  The list
includes such networks as NASA, the US DoD, and networks in China, Russia,
and Poland.  Those are just a few that I've done manual whois's for.

You have been busy!

I haven't decided yet whether I'll send automated messages to all the
broken networks and give them time to respond and fix their filters, or
just post them all to NANOG when the list is complete.

Are people interested in seeing the full list (at least the ones I find)
of networks that filter 69/8?

Why not do a weekly report of some sort. Post a summary to nanog with a
reference to the website containing the full list. If you can group them by ASN
you can do a report a la cidr-report of top 20 offenders and include that in
your nanog post.

I think this would be a good way to sustain momentum in your worthy cause..

Steve

Does Atlantic.Net get an ARIN discount for doing all this leg work? :)

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |