nanog mailing list archives

Re: Who is announcing bogons?

From: jlewis () lewis org
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:18:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 bmanning () karoshi com wrote:

Looking at one log, the most persistant announcer of bogon space is
AS 4554 (Bill Manning), Net 39.0.0.0/8.

I don't know Mr. Manning's intentions, malicious or otherwise.

as has been stated on this list several times over the past few years...

net 39 was left in my care by my previous boss.

He left me 37/8, but the whois never got updated.

But seriously, 39/8 is listed as reserved and is in the bogon list.
http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-dd.html

You might want to try getting things updated if 39 really belongs to
someone.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |  :)